How to Apply Iron on Patches
We make use of the iron on backing technique in applying custom iron on patches. This involves a thin layer of special glue that fastens on the fabric when heated using dry iron and hardens when it cools off.
To apply a patch with iron on backing on your fabric, you will need a heat seal machine (dry iron) and a flat clean and dry surface;
- Set your heat seal machine between 175 C to 185 C depending on the strength of fabric
- Place the patch on the desired position
- Place a thick 100% cotton twill over the logo
- Press on the iron for 20 – 25 seconds
- Press the inside-out turned part of the garment for another 15 seconds and allow the fabric to cool off.
Note: The iron on patches don’t stick on nylon, satin, and other similar material.